Sunday 29 July 2012

Taking work to Hull ...

I'm showing work in an exhibition opening next Saturday - at Studio Eleven in Hull. It's on Humber St in the Fruitmarket area of the city, near the docks. Very pleasantly suprised by how lovely Hull is now: it's been a very long time since I visited and it has changed a lot. The cultural quarter is really vibrant and we met some lovely people in the galleries we visited. The show will be at http://www.studioeleven.co.uk/gallery-info.php; it's alongside an exhibition by Northern Potters 'Made by Hand', which I used to be a member of, funnily enough. Here's the work I'll be showing:





There's a festival (Humber Street Sesh) running alongside the exhibition opening next weekend, so it should be a great day to get across there. 10am to 1am: 100 bands and local artists, live art, real ale bar, pop-up street cinema etc etc! Sounds lively, looking forward to it. More at http://www.facebook.com/HumberStreetSesh.



PS: this is the gallery -




2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark. Great to see your new work and a taste of the forthcoming exhibition. Lovely work, and nice to see the new stuff you are coming up with...

    Hope all is going well with the creative hub too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen. Two weeks later and Mark finds the comment ...! Instant communication clearly isn't for me. Hope all's well with you.
    I might have some progress with the Hub this week - looks like planning permission will be through shortly. If I'd realised it'd take so long when I started, I might have thought twice!!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete